Thursday, June 4, 2009

What do teachers say about phase-6?

"My name is Adam Harris and I have utilized phase-6 in my levels 1, 2, and 3 Spanish classes at Elk Grove High School and Pleasant Grove High School for the past 4 years. (These are both public schools in Sacramento County, CA.). I actually met Daniel Gorin while he was attending Elk Grove High as a foreign exchange student a decade ago. When he returned to introduce this program, phase-6, I wanted to try it out and see what it could do to improve retention of vocabulary and more for my students -- and potentially the rest of the students in our district. For the past 4 years, I have seen phase-6 evolve and have seen my students benefit from what it offers. The teachers in my department that teach Spanish and I have had our students use the program on a weekly basis as part of their homework and have seen the test scores improve overall after discussing previous years of test scores. More specifically, the test scores have improved in the vocabulary portions of tests and oral presentations.
I like also the fact that students are prompted to recall and study vocabulary and verbs from past chapters. There was little chance of getting to do so otherwise in a programmed fashion, so I am hooked on having my students use phase-6 for essential practice.
Overall, I believe that this program improves retention of vocabulary and want to continue using the program for years to come."

Adam Harris

2 comments:

  1. And what owners of version 2 say about phase-6?
    It's just a full buggy shareware which isnt being fixed since months. Developers of phase-6 are sleeping or there are no developers - anyway, the software has endless mistakes.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Get various Study material ,Test series,Competitive exams questions and skills improvement at http://www.kidsfront.com/
    I have also tried this site.

    ReplyDelete